HRM Mimi is giving away Lifetime Dungeon Amnesty passes to the first 10 bloggers who can answer her question: Did you ever have a funk that lasted more than 7 days. How did you defunkify yourself?
I don’t really know what that means, because I’m a newbie memer. But I think it’s good, and anyway, Twisted Sister Dawn challenged me to this funking meme.
The Funky Meme
1. Have you ever been in a funk? (ie: a mood)
Yes. I hate to admit it because it feels like a weakness, but I can get moody, especially under stress, and that’s like… everyday.
2. Describe your first funk. What were you doing when it first came upon you?
Oh c’mon! I’m 53 years old! I can’t remember what I had for breakfast!
3. Do you remember why you fell into a funk in the first place?
My worst funks are when I am severely criticized and I feel it’s unfair or that I am misunderstood. Too bad that I deserve it once in a while!
4. How long did you stay in your funk?
I can get over small funks in a few minutes or hours. Large FUNKS can last 2 or 3 days!
5. Did you ever do or say anything during your sophisticated pity-party that you regretted?
During a funk, I get mildly irritated at everyone and everything, so the people who are around me get the worst of my mood. I feel bad about that because they are usually not the cause of it.
6. When you feel a funk coming on, is there someone you can call and talk to should you find yourself – Lord forbid – in the throes of a wild funk? What do they say to help you?
Yes! I am much better at this now than I used to be. Princess Gail is an excellent sounding board, and I can discuss my feelings with her straight up. I also have a group of guy friends, and we can talk about our feelings too, just like girls. ; )
7. While in the throes of a proper funk is it best to:
a. Close your eyes and hug trees in the forest til it’s over
c. Throw a hissy fit
e. Have a fling with a passing truck driver
e. All of the above
The trucker DOES NOT call me. I hate to admit it, but I tend to throw little hissy fits during my irritated state, and I curse much more readily. Harmless, though, really.
8. Do you try to put on a happy face while you’re funking? How’s that working
Yeah, I do, especially at work. It does not work very well. People who know me can usually tell if I’m not doing well.
9. Do you have mood swings?
Actually, most of the time, I am really even tempered.
10. Has severe funking ever caused you to injure yourself?
Only one time. It was in the early days of my separation from my first wife. I was upset and went on a 12 mile rollerblade in very hot humid weather. I had not eaten breakfast or lunch. I got real dehydrated, dizzy, and fell as I was stopping at a drinking fountain. I broke my wrist.
11. Do you take out your fancy funky frustrations on those you love when you’re in a mood or is it best to be alone and make yourself miserable instead?
It’s best for me to first be alone, calm myself down, meditate a little about what has been my part in it. Then it’s good for me to talk it over with someone to get some reality checks.
12. If you saw someone having a funky fit in public would you….
a. call the blog police
b. lock up your children
c. offer to drive them to the nearest 12-step program
d. give them your Prozac
e. other suggestions? (and by the way, if you have any Prozac to spare,the address is 2005 Bloggingham Road, Banister, North Carolina)
e. other. I would just give that person a lot of space. Get out of the funkin’ way! Not my problem. Got enough of my own.
13. Do you use unorthodox methods for dealing with your funk? Do you…..
a. change your purse
b. use humor
c. scream at the mailman just because
d. redecorate the dungeon cells
e. drink Green Tea
I only have one purse, so I don’t change it. I do try to use humor. At my advanced age, I am now even able to make a little fun of myself.
1. Did you ever have a funk that lasted more than 7 days. How did you defunkify yourself?
No, thank god! My funks never last for more than 2-3 days. Defunkification happens with time, reality checks, understanding, and boundaries. All I can do is my part.