Welcome to the Queen’s Tuesday Meme #38
Step out of the box.
Use your imagination.
We all love to wine and dine with our families and those we care about. Some of us talk about it. Some of us don’t. Regardless, we all have stories to tell…. past and present. Take a trip down memory lane or unfold your fantasy night out on the blog for all to read. We’re all ears. Waiter! Waiter!
1. When is the last time you went out to dinner with someone special? Tell us about it.
Well… we skipped dinner today (but not dessert!) because we had a late lunch. So it was yesterday, with Princess Gail! It was a romantic pizza, with lovely green peppers, onion and ham, nicely presented on a round pizza pan!
2. Show us a picture of your favorite cuisine.
3. What is the funniest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?
You know what, I can’t remember any one specific thing. Gail and I laugh at dumb stuff all day long. I get chuckles at work, and through several of the blogs I visit. My gift/curse is that I have a pretty even keel. I don’t experience life in the extremes, including “funniest.”
4. What makes a gentleman a gentleman in today’s dating world? Are there any left?
Off the top of her head, Princess Gail said it’s good manners and respect that make a gentleman. She also said she got the last one. (We gave each other rose colored glasses as wedding presents.) 😀
5. Is there anything you won’t tolerate when out to dinner with your significant other?
I can’t even imagine it. We have never treated each other with anything but love and kindness.
6. What type of ambiance do you enjoy in an eating establishment?
I like a blend of elegant and eclectic. I like a casual dress code, but not sloppy. I like creativity in the way the place is decorated, and the way the food is prepared and presented. I like the energy and excitement of a popular place, but not overly crowded or noisy to the point that conversation is difficult.
7. Tell us about the worst public dining experience you ever had, whether it be a date or with your family.
I can’t think of one that would be “the worst.” I can almost always find something that I enjoyed about a night out. I guess my glass of Diet Coke is always half full!
8. What is the lamest or rudest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?
I ordered Diet Coke, and the jerk waiter said “Pepsi?” Then I said “with lime,” and he said, “lemon?”
9. Are you a good tipper?
Never less than 20%
10. Do you ask for doggie bags when you leave food on your plate at a restaurant?
Gail and I often split a meal and still have enough to put in a doggie bag! Too much food! And anyway, we have to leave room for dessert!
11. What is your pet peeve about restaurants and dining out in general?
Probably that the temperature is never exactly right. That’s not that big a deal, though.
12. Do you prefer to order yourself or do you ever let your significant other order for you?
Like I said before, Princess Gail and I often split a meal, and I almost always let her decide what we’ll eat, because I like just about everything. But it’s not like we order for the other person. I’ve always thought that was controlling and weird.
13. Describe your most intimate romantic dinner ever. (fantasy or real)
Yesterday’s pizza was really very special! 😉
14. Do you enjoy piano bars?
Yes! A lot! Because of the ambiance and the type of music, not because of the alcohol.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would it be and who would you be with?
The Green Valley Grill, with Princess Gail, Queen Mimi and her King.